Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Birdsong; An Artist Trading Block


I love the warm weather. It's so nice to wake up in the morning and hear the birds sing. ...most of the time. ;) There is a naughty little woodpecker that likes to peck away at the other side of my bedroom wall at ridiculously early a.m. hours. He is not my friend. With that little bird in mind, I'd like to share my most recent Artist Trading Block.
If you're not familiar with Artist Trading Blocks, I must warn you, that these are addictive to create. No rules means that there's unlimited creative opportunities. :) For more inspiration, see The Artist on the Block.
I created my project with a Sizzix Die from Eileen Hull. The awesome outdoor-sy scenery on the block is from a Carta Bella Paper. The wonderful little bird heads from 100 Proof Press were colored with colored pencils. The rest of the materials came from nature. I had so much fun foraging for twigs, bark and moss! 
"Build therefore your own world."
Ralph Waldo Emerson



12 comments:

  1. I love this Michelle! Your ATB is lovely and so creative. That stand makes it all the more amazing and unique!

    Amy*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Michelle, especially the natural elements combined with the bird images. Brilliant. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this is so cool! I especially love the twig stand you made for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwww! Just WOW!!! Pinning WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so inspired by nature too Michelle. Love the block and the story of the bird :-) That stand is a stroke of genius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Absolutely gorgeous! and the way you have displayed it is simply amazing!
    Love those stamps!
    Thank YOu~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Michelle, this is so pretty! That background paper was perfect and I love those bird stamps. What a wonderful idea to add real elements from nature.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous! And I had to smile at your "naughty woodpecker" story! I had a roommate that had a rooster alarm clock that drove me nuts, so I could sort of relate. But I'm glad that this woodpecker did not taint your beautiful bird art! This is really a cool piece and I have to give you a huge kudos for your colored pencil skills! And the real bits of moss and twigs are just perfect. I give it two thumbs up...two beaks up? In any event, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love birds too. This is gorgeuos, you did a great job with the birds!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! So much detail and texture on the block not to mention the great way you have it displayed. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Completely delightful ATB - love that nest on the top! I used to have birds nesting IN the wall by the head of my bed, and every once in a while there'd be a beak poking out through a hole by my head, which I'd then have to fill in again... not my friend either!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete